Friday, June 13, 2014

Fun Fact Friday - What's in a Name?

There are so many fun facts in this world that I often find myself overwhelmed. I find myself sitting at my desk, clutching my hairs, and yearning for some relief from what I have decided to over-dramatically refer to as "ephemera anguish." Would today be a good day to discuss Bill Clinton's tumultuous relationship with sheep? But what about Albanian mustaches? Or actual death by chocolate?

An artist's rendering of ephemera anguish.
I am plagued by these questions, dear reader. I wonder about you and just what might tickle your fancy this Friday. I can't promise that I have found it, but I want you to know how carefully I consider each fun fact. For you. Also, you smell amazing today.

Fun fact: Barbie's full name is Barbara Millicent Roberts.

Millicent? Really? I once had an imaginary future cow named Millicent. I do not feel as fondly about her as I do about my current invisible pony, Salvador. But that's just how life is sometimes.

Salvador enjoying a snack.
But my unusual pets aside, what were Barbie's parents thinking? Come on, George and Margaret of Willows, Wisconsin! Barbara Millicent? It's a wonder Barbie can charm even the package-less Ken. Related: Ken and Barbie are apparently back together. I remember how their split shocked the community back in 2004. There may have even been rumors that Ken was pursuing the all too real "Oreo Fun Barbie" because he knew she liked cream filling.

Real. And so not racist that it was promptly recalled.
Ken may have also gone after "Growing Up Skipper" because she blossomed into a woman right before his eyes. Maybe. I'm not always great at keeping up on the manufactured lives of plastic dolls.

In any case, Barbara Millicent seems to have risen above her unfortunate name. I never really understood her appeal, but she's still freakishly popular. Especially with Ken.

I just want to find a love like this...
Until next time, dear reader!

No comments:

Post a Comment